Cinderella's Blog... I find my solace here

Cinderella's Blog is a strange look into the mind of a girl geek!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Monday, November 03, 2003

Live, Love, Laugh

One of my dear family friends (so close I grew up knowing her as Auntie Audrey), who had passed on a few years back (long than I care to remember) used to wear this gold charm on her neck. It simply said: Live, Love, Laugh. I have spent years looking in my heart and seeing, and hearing those words.
Three simple words really:

Live:
1 : to be alive : have the life of an animal or plant

Love:
2 : warm attachment, enthusiasm, or devotion

Laugh:
1 a : to show mirth, joy, or scorn with a smile and chuckle or explosive sound b : to find amusement or pleasure in something c : to become amused or derisive

But these 3 simple words, when putogetherer can have such a powerful meaning. I never understood what my Auntie Audrey's pendant meant growing up. As time went on, I knew it was a motto to live by.... But its true meaning... What it is all about, escaped me. And I can't say now that in this place I am in and this time I am in in my life that I do truly understand the full power behind those words. But I am starting to, or at least I know what it should mean for me.

I need to enjoy myself. Who I am, why I am, and what I am doing. I need to love, and be love (yes, another great Matthew Kelly quote), to give and share love. I need to be happy, and joyous, and inspire joy in others. It means do what makes you happy, and be happy. And I intend to. I intend to live, love, laugh.

I was allways drawn to that pendant as a child, and that saying as I grew up. Who knew that it would be so important. That three little words can mean so much.



Think about it.



---------------------------------------------------------------
INSPIRATIONAL THOUGHT OF THE DAY
---------------------------------------------------------------

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
-Mark Twain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home