Cinderella's Blog... I find my solace here

Cinderella's Blog is a strange look into the mind of a girl geek!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Wednesday, January 07, 2004

Old friends

It is amazing how much of a smile can be put on your face by a simple phone call. I had such a smile yesterday.

My friend Julie, who I haven't seen in years, called my up out of the blue to say "hi", and I cant tell you how happy that made me.

I met Julie years ago at SCUBA collage: the PADI CDC in Vancouver, where we became awesome friends. We hung out pretty much every night, drank to much, went diving a lot, and general had an amazing time. With memory's of a sleeping with a felt,pitchers of china whites, and trips to Whistler amongst others (of course he got to see the sharks *sigh*) we were instantly great friends.

After school was done, we went out separate ways: I went back to Victoria, Julie went back to Whistler. But we kept in touch always... She would come to Victoria and stay for a while, I would goto Whistler (and NO, I have NEVER Skied Whister). I think there was one night when Julie came to Victoria where we freaked out my roommate by how much we drank.

Ahhh those were the days.

Julie even is to blame for my love of the Show Buffy The Vampire Slayer / Angel, although my fascination for Vampires is my own. And of course there was SCUBA, the most amazing thing in the world.

Then of course, as with all my friends over the last few years, I kinda lost touch. Not that I wanted to, I just did. Partially shame, partially fear, partially knowing, as with all my friends, if I showed what was going on, she would come over and kick my ass.

Of course now, again as with all my friends, I see what I was doing, and I felt terrible. Then I found out, she was going through a similar situation as I was, and I felt bad for not being there.

Then yesterday, she surprised me and called. We chatted for a long time, not as long as I wanted mind you, but my brother came over, and well he's heading back to Rome tomorrow, so I wanted to spend the time I could with him. We talked about the old days, the last few years, and the last few months, and how far we both had come. I was an inspirational conversation. Talking with her, finding out how she has been, what she has been up to and what she has overcome, and is doing now was just amazing.

I am so proud of her.

It is amazing how one good friend can make you smile, and feel better about everything.

Thanks Jules.

---------------------------------------------------------------
INSPIRATIONAL THOUGHT OF THE DAY
---------------------------------------------------------------

"Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don't recognize them."
-Ann Landers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home