Cinderella's Blog... I find my solace here

Cinderella's Blog is a strange look into the mind of a girl geek!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Monday, December 29, 2003

Before you die, you see the ring...

The Ring was a good movie. The first really scary movie I watched in a while. And I didn't know why. It's not that the movie itself is scary, well it could be I guess, but its just SCARY. And as I love a good scary movie, I bought the DVD. The DVD shows the truth. I caught a glimpse of a subliminal image while watching the DVD. So I frame by framed it and there it was. After I enjoyed the movie I searched online and went to the official sites productions notes. Read the production notes from the director. He talks about putting things in the movie "that leaves residual effects".
He used subliminal messaging to scare the audience and keep them scared after they made it home.

How awesome is that!

I don't care why I'm scared in a movie, I just love a good scare. And the ring certainly rattled me.

Subliminal, Sweet!

Thanks to director Gore Verbinski (who also did Pirates Of The Caribbean), I really REALLY enjoyed the movie.

And I don't care why.

---------------------------------------------------------------
INSPIRATIONAL THOUGHT OF THE DAY
---------------------------------------------------------------

You start to play it and it's like somebody's nightmare. And then this woman comes on, smiling at you, right? Seeing you... Through the screen. Then when it's over, your phone rings, someone knows you watched the tape... And what they say is, "You will die in seven days". - Becca (quote from The Ring)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home