Cinderella's Blog... I find my solace here

Cinderella's Blog is a strange look into the mind of a girl geek!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Sunday, December 21, 2003

I miss my friends

One bad thing about this promotion I got, is that I really miss my team (both original and the new one before I left). I used to spend 8 hours a day, 5 days a week with these people, and they are amazing! Ted, Rae, Brendan, Brandy, Leanne, James, Jason.... Ok, I'm gonna stop the list there just because I will forget someone if I try and list them all.... I miss them. Yes we still work similar hours, but I work on the second floor now, and the rules are kinda quirky and I really cant hang out with them on my breaks and after work while they are working. So I don't really get to see them.

I miss them so much!

I try and do lunch/brunches when I can, but when your used to spending 8 hours a day with some of the most amazing people, you have a huge void when there gone. A few of them had training yesterday upstairs, so they all can in and said hi! I damn near burst into tears. It was so good to see them, and I couldn't express it.

I miss them.

I have never worked with people so amazing as the people I have worked with at West.

I know the people I work with now are amazing to.. But its not the same.

And I don't want to loose touch with my friends from the floor, and I know I wont, but its not the same.

There is not daily "Brendaaaan!", no M-O-O-N that spells Rate Plan, no cola or yogurt coming out my nose while Ted shoots off one of his patented singers, no gossip with Leanne, no making Rae jump outta her chair, or chatting with Brandy...

No crazy 8's.

Don't get me wrong, I love my new job...

But the people downstairs is where my heart is.

---------------------------------------------------------------
INSPIRATIONAL THOUGHT OF THE DAY
---------------------------------------------------------------

"He who has a thousand friends
Has not a friend to spare,
While he who has one enemy
Shall meet him everywhere."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home