Cinderella's Blog... I find my solace here

Cinderella's Blog is a strange look into the mind of a girl geek!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Saturday, November 29, 2003

Long time no post

I know it has been a long time since I posted... But I'll be honest, I just did not have it in me. The work week has been plugging alone as per usually, although with it being an American holiday, it was very VERY slow, which did give us all time to play some crazy eights games that were just *crazy*. At home, I've been bored a lot. Tearing though books, and DVD's like they are going out of style.

I really want to get that camera I have in my Christmas Wish List ... Not that I am really expecting to get anything on that list... It's like a pipe dream list, you know. More a list for me, and what I need to save up for, with a few DVD's that my family can get me for Christmas. But I am going save up for that camera sooner than I thought:

I love photography.

I love taking pictures, and I like to think I have a good eye... I have been told I do. I have an amazing Tri-Pod, but I am lacking the good camera ( I have an 0.7 mega pixel Epson PhotoPC 600, one of the first ever Digi-cams, cost me an arm and a leg, but it just does not cut the mustard any more), and taking pictures with what I have is just disheartening.

I buy camera magazines every week, read books on photography all the time, and I see some amazing things which would take great pictures, but I cant capture them on what I have.

I want to take some photo courses as well, but again, I cant do that with out a camera.

The Nikon Coolpix 5700 5MP Digital Camera w/ 8x Optical Zoom is what I am looking for. It is what I am going to save up for.... Even before my trip to Disneyland. It is an amazing camera, with all the manual controls you'll ever need, 8X optical zoom lens, excellent photo quality, Superb macro ability, CompactFlash Type II slot - Microdrive works fine, Handy swiveling LCD, Hot shoe for external flash, & RAW and TIFF file formats. The review (Linked above) is very favorable to. I just think I need to do this.

Photography has been something I always loved to do... Even as a kid! My mom used to have to take the camera away from me for fear of my wasting film. As I grew up I took more and more photos. I would have joined a couple photo clubs in highschool, and cadets if it didn't conflict with other things I was doing. Over the past 10 years I have been drawn back to it, and I wish to explore that part of me even more... But I cant do it with what I have... I just cant.... So I am going to have to goto Japan Camera in Mayfair Mall and get the Nikon Coolpix 5700 Camera then run to Future Shop and get a
256 MB Compact Flash Card Maybe even a Sandisk SDDR-91-07 USB 2.0 Compact Flash Reader

Why am I bloging all this you ask?

To keep me on track.

To set my goals, and achieve them.

Just like my *Christmas wish list*, its for me to keep my sites set and not get distracted by all the *shiny things* in life!

I will have my new camera, compact flash card, and reader.

I will

Then, only THEN, will I goto Disneyland!

---------------------------------------------------------------
INSPIRATIONAL THOUGHT OF THE DAY
---------------------------------------------------------------

"It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters in the end."
-Ursula K. LeGuin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home