Cinderella's Blog... I find my solace here

Cinderella's Blog is a strange look into the mind of a girl geek!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Monday, November 17, 2003

M-o-o-n That spells "The Stand"

One of my favorate books: Stephen King's "The Stand: Complete and Uncut" was made into a huge film back in 1994, and it was a fabolus adaptation. I have owned it on VHS since it's release, and now I have it on DVD: Stephen King's The Stand (1994)

Quotes from the Book

"That wasn't any act of God. That was an act of pure human fuckery."

"M-O-O-N, that spells moon. Laws, yes."

"Life was such a wheel that no man could stand upon it for long. And it always, at the end, came round to the same place again."

"What kind of world was it where God would trap a person like a bug in a puddle of gasoline? A world that deserved to burn, that was what."

"Show me a man or a woman alone and I'll show you a saint. Give me two and they'll fall in love. Give me three and they'll invent the charming thing we call 'society'. Give me four and they'll build a pyramid. Give me five and they'll make one an outcast. Give me six and they'll reinvent prejudice. Give me seven and in seven years they'll reinvent warfare. Man may have been made in the image of God, but human society was made in the image of His opposite number, and is always trying to get back home."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home