Cinderella's Blog... I find my solace here

Cinderella's Blog is a strange look into the mind of a girl geek!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Monday, January 26, 2004

Canon, you made my day!

Just when I thought I had it all figured out... My camera was picked, my budget was set... Then I find Canon's "Digital Rebel". I have wanted an SLR (single-lens-reflex) camera for years, but I didn't want a film one, nor was I willing to pay the crazy costs associated with digital SLR's. Although there has been a film Rebel for years, Canon just recently released the digital version of it... And I think I nearly fainted when I found out, because this meant an affordable digital SLR... I was finally going to break in the SLR work, and for a reasonable price! At $1,469.88 CAN the Canon EOS Digital Rebel zoom kit (the KIT part is most important because it comes with the $199.99 Canon 18-55mm Digital zoom lens - as opposed to just the Rebel body that runs $1,269.99) brings digital SLR to the masses! And its glowing reviews form places like Digital Camera Resource Page (best digicam review site IMHO that there is), Steve's Digicams, Image Resource, and DP Review there is no reason for me not to spent the extra $500 and get the camera I want! It's not what I really want (no, those run $5000+) but it is an excellent stepping stone! To quote The Digital Camera Resource page (my bible to digital photography): The Canon Digital Rebel is a breakthrough product, bringing the digital SLR to the masses. I must confess that my level interest in the Minolta A1 and Sony DSC-F828 dropped immediately after the announcement of the Rebel. Many will ask, "why spend $1199 on a fixed lens camera when I get a D-SLR and choose from scores of lenses and accessories for $899?" That will be a tough decision for many people over the holiday shopping season! So I am budgeting, and should have this in 5 - 6 months! And just look at these pictures: Canon EOS Digital Rebel Samples

Now comes the hard part...

Waiting.

But, the way I look at it, I've been waiting for years, what is a couple more months!

***Canon EOS Digital Rebel Brochure***


---------------------------------------------------------------
INSPIRATIONAL THOUGHT OF THE DAY
---------------------------------------------------------------

"Patience, n. A minor form of dispair, disguised as a virtue."
-Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary, 1911

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home