Cinderella's Blog... I find my solace here

Cinderella's Blog is a strange look into the mind of a girl geek!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Sunday, February 01, 2004

FFRF

It's amazing what one song can make you think... What memory's one movie can invoke... What emotions stir with a simple picture. Our senses are the key to our memories... And they are so powerful.

I was flipping channels on TV tonight, waiting for the superbowl to finish (so I could watch Survivor-AllStars), and I came across the movie Sister Act, and they were singing Hail Holy Queen - Deloris & The Sisters , well this rocketed me back to 1992... Back to high school... Back to the days of FFRF.

FFRF was a what us girls called our selves... Fearsome Foursome Rule Forever.

The four of us where the best of friends.

Me,
Diane,
Brandy,
Denise.

We did everything together. Dairy Queen runs (cant forget peanut buster Parfaits and banana splits), long rides downtown with fake cell phones, telling the car next to us the call was for them (we thought we were so clever), movie nights, music, skipping calls (wow we did that to much), and just in general being friends and doing what friends do.

Those were the days.

I found myself watching Sister Act on the TV singing the songs and thinking of those days... See that was OUR movie. We knew ALL the songs, we all had a part (alto, bass, soprano, and solo), and we all had the characters the embodies us... I was Deloris Van Cartier/Sister Mary Clarence (Whoopi Goldberg) the lounge singer in a bad relationship who hides out in a convent and leads the choir of nuns to fame and friendship. Brandy was Sister Mary Patrick (Kathy Najimy) sister Mary sunshine, full of energy and always happy and cheerful, ready to make you smile. Denise was Sister Mary Lazarus (Mary Wickes) hard on the outside, soft in the middle, true to her beliefs and her friends. And Diane was Mary Robert (Wendy Makkena) the spunky nun to be with a voice no one could touch. We all personified those traits, and we all sang their parts... And used to watch the movie like crazy. You could find us on any day driving downtown singing to the soundtrack laughing at how much these characters were like us.

We did everything together.

What happened?

Diane and I always kept in touch... Even though my ruff periods, she never abandoned me.

Brandy and I rediscovered ourselves when I ran into her at work... And I helped her get a job at west, so I see her all the time NOW, but for 10 years I never saw her once.

Denise...

I don't know where she is, or what became of her.

It is amazing how time can get away from you...

FFRF....

What happened to the Forever part of that?

I miss Denise.

I'm so lucky to still have Diane in my life...

I'm so lucky to have found Brandy again and brought her back into my life (Michelle too... Even though she isn't part of the original FFRF).

I wish I knew where Denise was.

I would love to have FFRF ride again....

I know it never will, but it will live forever in my memory's, and my heart.

We were crazy, buy we had fun!


FEARSOME FOURSOME RULE FOREVER!


---------------------------------------------------------------
INSPIRATIONAL THOUGHT OF THE DAY
---------------------------------------------------------------

"The years teach much which the days never knew."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson, Essays

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home